Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday's Top Picks - December 3, 2013

Oh, this late post action! I'm going to get my life together y'all. Late and all, I'm back with this week's Tuesday's Top Picks!

{1} Staycation

Pinterest
Big R and I were supposed to spend the last couple of days in Charleston, SC for a mini-vacay, but he found out last minute that he had a few recruiting meetings at some of the high schools in the area. I had already requested for annual leave, so I used this time as staycation, and boy has it been awesome! I have not been able to get as much accomplished as I would have like, but I really needed the R&R. I'm not returning to work until noon tomorrow, so the short week will be GREAT as well!
 
{2} I like BIG cups
Pinterest
I seriously think I may be addicted to coffee. I love it! I enjoy having myself a nice, big cup of Joe every morning. Today I had a cup with a splash of Southern Comfort Original Egg Nog, and whew child! It was great!! I popped the egg nog in the microwave for about 30 seconds before I mixed it with my hazelnut coffee. DELISH!

{3} Elf on the Shelf Ideas
Pinterest
 I had to pin these Elf on the Shelf ideas because CLYDE is BACK!


I totally did not expect this child to be so excited! Our elf's name is Clyde. Here's a little about the Elf on the Shelf:

"The Elf on the Shelf® is a special scout elf sent from the North Pole to help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists. When a family adopts an elf and gives it a name, the elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly to the North Pole each night to tell Santa Claus about all of the day's adventures. Each morning, the elf returns to its family and perches in a different place to watch the fun. Children love to wake up and race around the house looking for their elf each morning.
There are two simple rules that every child knows when it comes to having an elf. First, an elf cannot be touched; Christmas magic is very fragile and if an elf is touched it may lose that magic and be unable to fly back to the North Pole. Second, an elf cannot speak or move while anyone in the house is awake! An elf's job is to watch and listen.
Elves typically appear in their families’ homes at the beginning of the holiday season (around Thanksgiving in the U.S.). On Christmas Eve, the elves return to the North Pole with Santa Claus--until next year! (www.elfontheshelf.com)"

It's a lot of fun to see Little R find Clyde each day. He is so serious about it all. He even gets on Big R and I when we use "ugly" language from time to time. (He knows to do as we say, and not as we do y'all!) So that forces us to try a little harder to be on Santa's nice list as well. 

{4} Pantry Organization
Pinterest
This is perfection! I have my eye out for some nice canisters to revamp and reorganize my cabinets. I really love the chalkboard labels on the canisters on the bottom row. I also love the clear jars as well, because they allow you to see what's stored in each of them. I'm thinking I can track these things down at the Goodwill over time! I will keep y'all updated.


That's it for today folks!!! Let me know what you think.

Until next time...<3