Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Small Haul | Beauty and Hair Products

After work yesterday, I made my well past due trip to Walmart for my monthly household purchases. This was one of those trips where I felt like I needed everything, paper towels, toilet paper, body wash for Big R and Little R, laundry detergent...everything! Of course in the midst of picking up the essentials I added a few extra things to my cart. I decided I would share a few things from my haul. A few of the products I have used before, and others this will be my first time trying them. Let me know if you have used or enjoyed any of the items I picked up.
{Suave Professionals Moisturizing Shampoo with Almond and Shea Butter}
As much as I would love to be one of those naturals who just co-washes their hair (washing your hair with only conditioner), I just have not been able to find a conditioner that will remove all of the product build up from my hair. I'm sorry but I love slapping some EcoStyler gel on my edges, and conditioner alone is not going to cut it to get everything out of my hair. I started using the Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo about a month or so ago, and it does the trick for me. It removes all products from my hair without completely stripping the moisture out of my hair. I grabbed this 28 fl. oz. bottle for less than $3.
{Simple. Vital Vitamin Night Cream}
I am in the process of trying to find a regimen for my skincare that's easy, consistent, and will most importantly, keep my face moisturized and as blemish free as possible. I have seen the Simple product line on advertisements here and there so I went I spotted this Night Cream I decided to give it a try. I used it last night, and I am really impressed with how moisturized my face felt this morning when I woke up. The product claims to be for "naturally healthy looking skin," containing two vital vitamins, three skin loving nutrients, and no perfume or dyes. I look forward to see how this product works for my face over the next few weeks.
{Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Berry Smoothie}
So I decided to try this out because I have been on the hunt for some lipgloss/balms that will give my lips a little color. A few weeks ago my man pointed out a girl on some show or video we were watching. The girl was a shade or two darker than me, and she was wearing a berry colored lip gloss. Big R asked my why don't I wear anything like that. Well, in my opinion, when your man suggests something like that, look into it! It's not often that he mentions anything beauty or fashion related so I've been excited to try some color on my lips. I tested out the Revlon Lip Butter tonight and it's a very sheer coverage, but it does give my lips a light mauvy pink tint. So far a pro would be the moisture the Lip Butter provides. The con would be that it doesn't last too long. Below you will see a collage that shows the color information, and I swatched the color on my hand so you can get an idea of the color pay off. Please give me suggestions on other lip glosses to try ladies!
{Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser}
I have been experiencing some pretty ugly breakouts over the past couple of weeks. I think some of the breakouts are hormonal and stress related, but others may be a little adult acne. I've used the Clean and Clear Facial Cleanser in the past so I decided to give introduce it back into my routine to see if it will help to fight and prevent some of these unsightly pimples and zits I have going on.
{St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub}
 Now I'm sure most of you have all seen this oldie but goodie. I remember seeing my older cousins use this stuff when I was a kid. Again, in my effort to come up with a solid regimen for my face I thought this would be a good product to try for exfoliating a few times a week.
 
I don't know how yall feel about it, but I love me some Walmart! It is so nice to be able to pick up so many things I need in one place! Let me know how you feel about these kind of blog posts. I will try to remember to do an update post on my feelings about the Simple Night Cream in a few weeks. And lastly, let me know what yall think about the new blog layout!!! ; )