Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Decor {On a Budget}

Happy Thursday!! I'm here to share a few photos and tips on how I decorated our home using decor I picked up from mainly the Dollar Tree and the Goodwill! I think my decor is very simple and minimal, but it has definitely made our home full of Christmas spirit. So here we go!

{Our Mantle}
The mantle is certainly the focal point of our dining room, so I'm always excited to make it festive for the holidays and the change in seasons. 

Here is an overview:

The mirror, hurricane vases, and the photos of Big R's late grandmother and my late father are always on the mantle. The China candy dish was a gift from my neighbor. I just filled it with gold-wrapped butter cream mints that I picked up from the Dollar Tree. You can't really see it, but the gold Christmas tree tea light holder I bought from the Goodwill last year for 99 cent. 

Here is a closer view of the far right side:
I put the flower arrangement together (I'm no expert y'all) using $1 flowers and sprays from Dollar Tree and Michaels. The rose gold vase, that I just love, is from Family Thrift. I only paid $1.99 for it. ; ) The super cute stocking holders and the stockings themselves I picked up from the Dollar Tree for a buck a piece! 

So there you have it. In my opinion, a very simple and festive mantle. 

Here is a glimpse of the before and after:
And two views of the finished product:
{Dining Room Table}


Y'all I tingle with excitement when I look at this table! Again, it's very simple, but the decor was extremely budget friendly! Here are the details: 

*The plates and gold chargers are from the Goodwill, and I paid $1 for each. 
* The Christmas garland centerpiece was $1.99, and I found it at the Goodwill last year. I just popped a plant that I'm desperately trying to keep alive in the center. 
*Now for the table runner! I found the cream table runner at the DOLLAR TREE. I just added the burlap stripe in the center. I bought a roll of burlap from Michaels for about $3.50 I believe. I am going to use the rest of the burlap on the Christmas wreath I'm going to be making with two of my coworkers later this afternoon actually.

Cheap, cheap, cheap y'all!!

{Christmas Tree and Bannister}
Y'all don't laugh at our Charlie Brown Christmas tree! LoL. Next year I am going to convince Big R that we NEED a real tree. ; ) Anyhoo, the tree was decorated with mainly Dollar Tree ornaments and gold garland. The tree is so flimsy that I had to suffice with a bow on the top instead of an actual star. The bow also came from the Dollar Tree as well.  

The bannister! Oh I love it so! : ) I wrapped it in Dollar Tree garland. The lights I bought at Walgreens for less than $5. And the bows, take a wild guess? Yep, that's right...at the Dollar Tree. A pack of three for $1. They are actually ornaments, and I just tied them around the garland. 

And that's it! I will probably keep my eye out for some other small knick knacks, especially for our kitchen. I will share pictures of the wreath I am going to make sometime this weekend!! 

Tell me about your Christmas decorations! Where do you find your best Christmas decor deals?