Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Goodwill Haul

Please tell me yall have shopped at your local Goodwill?! Yall have, right? If you have not, please let me have the honor of putting you on. Also, please do not blame me if you become an addict, like me. There are a few things you should know before you go:

{1} If you are a germaphobe, this is not the place for you. There will be dust, and there will be germs. It comes with the program.
{2} You have to be willing to take your time. You have to look through every item, one by one. In housewares, I find myself going up and down the same isles. I swear I always find something I didn't before see on my third or fourth pass.
{3} I highly recommend that you try on your clothing items before you purchase them (again, this may not be everyone's cup of tea.) But you never really know how the items are going to fit until you try them on.
{4} Think about how you will use the item before you purchase it. It is so easy to grab a bunch of items just because you've found such a good deal, and then you get home and you have nowhere to put it or it hangs in your closet for months and you never wear it.
{5} Some shopping experiences will be better than others. Sometimes I will find a basket full of items, and others I don't see anything worth buying. It happens.
{6} Once you become a seasoned Goodwill shopper, like myself, try to set a budget before you go into the store. Just FYI, I'm almost never to stick to budget.
{7} Lastly, have an open mind. You never know what you may find!

Now on to my latest haul...

I had planned on spending only $10 this trip. Yeah right, Keia. Where else can you buy: two dresses, a vest, a top from The Limited, a cardigan Banana Republic, AND a small side table for a whopping $28.67? Yeah, mmm hmm...I'll wait! I snapped a few pictures as I tried the items on. I apologize the quality isn't all that great, and the mirror was dirty...eh, here it goes! Enjoy!

Snake Print Dress - Brand: Studio I Size: 8 Price: $4.99
This dress does not look like much in this picture, but honey, all I need is a belt to cinch in my waist and a pretty statement necklace. I have been eyeing J. Crew's statement necklaces, like the one here, but I will more than likely end up with a J. Crew "inspired" necklace, like the one here. I can't stomach, or afford, paying $135 for one costume necklace.
Basic Royal Blue Top - Brand: The Limited Size: Small Price: $3.79
This shirt is brand new, and I am quite sure you would not be able to get this from The Limited for $3.79. I don't feel like you can have enough basic tops in your wardrobe. I can throw this on with jeans, or I can wear it to work with or without a cardigan over it. 
Periwinkle Blue Cardigan - Brand: Banana Republic Size: Medium Price: $3.79

I love, love cardigans. They are so perfect for the office. A cardigan, a tank, slacks, and I'm ready to go. I was excited to find this one since it is such great quality I know I can hold on to it for a while.
Black vest - Brand: oneA Size: Medium Price: $3.79 
I can't wait to wear this vest this fall. The material is super soft and comfy. It hits below my booty, so I plan to wear it with some leggings, a scarf, and a pair of boots for a nice casual look.
Black Dress - Brand: Chequer Size: 4! Price: $3.79 
Your girl got into a size four! Holla! LoL. One of the many perks of Goodwill is that sometimes you can fit into clothes you don't think you would normally be able to get into! You can never have to many LBDs (Little Black Dresses.) This one in particular has a ruching detail under the bust and studded details on the sleeves.


 
My last item was small side table. Little R had a small Cars table and chair set that he had outgrown. He is big boy now, so I have been on the look out for some new furniture pieces for his room. His room is a huge work in progress but I was excited to come across this small side table for only $5 bucks. I am still on the lookout for some chairs, but this is a step in the right direction. I can't wait to see what he says when he sees it!
Before (Paint stains and all!)
 
After 
 
This table is smaller than his old table, but I hope he gets as much use out of it as he did with the Cars table.

And, that's all for this trip! I will have many more Goodwill hauls to come. I hope you all enjoyed this post. Let me know if you've been to Goodwill? Or if you plan to go after reading this blog post? Please share!


Until next time...<3