Now, I feel like I should be clear and say, that whole intro was just a reminder and declaration to myself! I appreciate ALL of you who take the time to check out my blog! Thank you, thank you! Stick around if you so desire!
Now that we've got that out of the way, I thought I would share some photos I've collected in my good 'ole iPhone over the past few weeks. Sidenote: I want a REAL camera. I really love looking at nice, quality pictures, and I would like to bring that to the blog! I've seen some of my favorite bloggers like A Little Bit of Lacquer and A Slice of Glam post pictures on Instagram using the hashtag #vscocam, so I want to look into that as well. They both have great Instagram pictures AND blogs, of course! Anyway here ya go:
I live for slapping my hair into a bun. It's such a quick and easy style. It's a go-to for me, especially when I'm running late, which is often.
I have really been trying to eat a healthier, or at least attempt to. I made some lettuce tacos a while back, and they weren't half bad.
Ah, Muscle Milk. Banana Creme Muscle Milk specifically is something I will have from time to time for a lunch substitute. Umm obviously this stuff is to build muscle, which probably also means I should be working out to build said muscles...yep failing at that.
Ok, have y'all started to notice how many pictures I snap while at my desk? Don't judge me. Anyway, I love my navy, polka dot blouse that I purchased at Goodwill a while back. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. On this particular day I had my nails painted too so I was really feeling myself. Hehe.
I got this cute XOXO banner in the $1 section at Target. I thought it was a cute addition to my office cube for Valentine's Day.
Seriously, how cute is this kid? Missing teeth and a Gatorade red tongue! Adorbs!
Just some good ole' Sunday chillin'. Notice the Falcon's jersey? I'm willing to bet that he was also playing NCAA 2013 College Football on the PS3, while his dad was looking at football recruits on Hudl. It's football all day, err day in this house.
Can I tell y'all how much a short rest on this good couch does your girl on my lunch break? I also had nice twist-out going on this day, which I know is pretty hard to see in this pic...just take my word for it, k?
Ah, I love these shoes! These sneakers are my first Coach purchase. Yes, I said first. Love, love. So my style.
We had a major ice storm last weekend. This here branch that the Mr. is moving came tumbling down, and scared the crap out of me! There are still tons of trees down in our area. We lost power Friday evening, and it didn't come back on until Sunday morning, so the Mr. and I spent the weekend in a hotel. It was a nice change of scenery, despite the circumstances.
Oh.em.gee. If you enjoy Indian food AND you have a Trader Joe's near you...get on this immediately!! So tasty!
We've decided on a May 2015 wedding. I really like the style of this dress. I can't remember where I found this picture from, but I'm pretty sure this is the look I'm going for. I need to get my butt to the gym, like yesterday, so I can drop a dress size and about 3 inches from my arms before I actually go wedding dress shopping.
Well, this post turned out to be quite wordy and picture heavy! I'm back, y'all!
Until next time,
<3 Keia
Hey girly. Naturally, I'm going to reply to all of the fashion/beauty segments of your blog lol.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, polka dots are definitely in this season. I've seen them everywhere. I recently just got a navy blue polka dot blazer and I LOVEEEEEE it. Anyways, I feel as if the 'dots pay some vintage homage to the 1960s. Very mod, if you will.
As far as wedding and dress prep, YAAAAYYYY!!! There are so many things you can do to prepare - of course, this is coming from the girl who is neither married or engaged...not even in a serious relationship...or a relationship at all for that matter lol. BUT, there are a lot of bride-to-be spa packages that can help you tone up and lose weight, exfoliate and detox your skin, nails, hair, everything. There are a number of different packages I've seen. There are year-long packages and then a 3-month prep. If you're iffy about the pricing, then there's even a one-time package sort of thing. Definitely look into it. I personally try to do a body scrub and professional facial at least once a month. It has my skin feeling absolutely AMAZING. My mom is into the tummy wraps, and they legit help you shed off some extra inches. Of course, it's something that you have to keep up because if you just do it once, you're only losing water weight.
Yay for healthy eating! Lettuce wraps are the best! (Indian food is also good. Basmati rice is cool for you to eat, and spicy foods increase your metabolism.)
Keep on keepin' on, girl!
Brooke Leigh!
DeleteThanks so much for commenting boo. I have to see this navy blue polka dot blazers! Sounds fab. Make sure you post a pic somewhere when you wear it!
I hadn't put much thought into "bride-to-be" spa and personal care packages!! Thanks for throwing those ideas out there I will defin. keep my eye on Living Social for some deals. Where have you seen the one time package deals? I think that may work best for my budget! I actually purchased a microdermabrasion deal on Living Social and never used it. Fail!! Now that you've brought it back to my attention I am going to get on that!
And yes, I'm really trying hard to watch my diet...I'm not anywhere near a pageant diet...but I'm trying! LoL. Thanks for the encouragement.
Love you!.
So glad you're back to posting! I love it all but my favs:
ReplyDelete1.) Little R is so dang cute. Your house reminds me of mine, we're track and field 24/7! I kind of love it.
2.) Good for you for getting into healthier habits. Not going to lie, you are inspiring me to be a little better too! I have been doing SO poorly lately.
3.) You are going to look a-maz-ing on your big day no matter what.
Eeeek so much excitement going on!!!
Tiff!!! Thanks for reading! <3
Delete1) I love football too! I don't have much of a choice!!
2) I'm really trying to do a better job with what I'm eating! I'm no saint, but I'm glad I can inspire you to do the same! If I only I can eliminate the sugar and creamer from my coffee! I had chai tea with honey this morning...that counts right? (Well, it probably would count if I didn't ALSO have a cup a coffee WITH sugar and creamer this afternoon!) Smh. I'm a work in progress!
3) You are too doggone sweet! I sure hope so!!! I'm only doing this thing once!
<3 ya girl!
the vsco cam, is an app on iTunes and its free!!!
ReplyDeleteOh!!! That's good to know!!! I also recently discovered an app called Afterlight from another blogger. It's an iTunes app too, and it was on 99 cent!
Delete