We were listening to some oldies, and "For the Love of You" by the Isley Brothers came on, and the song instantly reminded my of my childhood.
![]() |
| {Link} |
I remember riding in the back seat of my mom's 1985, two-door, candy apple red, Toyota Celica. My parents, by brother, and I spent many summer days riding with the windows down jamming to my dad's favorite Isley Brother's Greatest Hits cassette tape.
![]() |
| {Link} |
Losing my dad at 12 years old is by far the hardest thing I've had to deal with in my 25 years of life, but I am so thankful to be able to hold on to my memories of him. It warms my soul each time I hear those Isley's sing, "Girl I'm living just for the love of you..." May my favorite man in the world continue to Rest in Paradise.
![]() |
| Earl "Pete" Sr. 12.10.1957 - 02.15.2000 |
<3




No comments:
Post a Comment