Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Salem Delights | Produce and Local Goods at my DOORSTEP!

A couple of weeks ago I was glancing at the local deals in my area on livingsocial.com when I noticed a deal for local produce delivery. I have seen local produce distributions in my area before, and I actually happen to have a farmer's market within 5 minutes of my house. When I grocery shop, I am a one-stop shop type of girl. So I usually shop at Walmart or Harris Teeter for groceries, and I pick up any produce I need during those trips. I just can't find the motivation to actually go to the farmer's market for fresh, local produce. I digress, I saw a deal on Livingsocial for produce delivery from a company called Salem Delights based out of Winston Salem, NC for only $13 bucks! I didn't know what to expect, but I just couldn't pass up the deal! This past Monday I had my first box delivered right to my DOORSTEP! (Mind you we were hit with a winter storm on Monday and my box was still delivered - a day early!) Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised! Here's the box: 



The company enclosed an introductory letter with information about the company, the delivery service, and the box. The produce and local goods came in a handcrafted box, that was made in Napa Valley, CA. The box also has custom insulation to keep the contents at the perfect temperature and humidity. I was in love with the box alone! It has such an old-timey feel. Here is a glance at the contents inside the box: 


And here are all the contents outside of the box: 


My box for last week included the following:

1.00 x The Bagel Station - 3 Plain Bagels
1.00 x Eggs - Grade A & Cage Free (1 dozen)
2.00 x Apple - Gala
6.00 x Clementines
1.00 x Lettuce - Green Leaf (organic)
1.00 x Onion - Sweet (organic)
2.00 x Yam - Organic Garnet (Sims, NC)
1.00 x Tomato on the vine - 4 count

Again, I can't say enough how pleased I am with the service! I plan to continue the service on a bi-weekly basis! So, if you live in the Piedmont Triad area of NC, be sure to check out Salem Delights for your produce delivery! I'm most certainly a fan!!! 

The opinions in this post are my own. I was not compensated by Salem Delights or LivingSocial for this review! :) 

Until Next Time, 
<3 Keia