Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Double Dutch Bus | My Parents. My Childhood.


I am one of those strange people who is not really into music. When I say I'm not really into music...what I really mean is I don't listen to music on a consistent basis. I usually only listen to music as I'm driving in the car. I listen to whatever comes on the radio. I also listen to whatever music Big R plays too. Even though I'm not a big music person I do enjoy music. I especially love how music can take you back to a particular place or time. This past Friday while driving to pick up Little R, I was listening to our local old school, R&B radio station and Double Dutch Bus came on the radio. It immediately made me think of my parents. Although my time with my dad was cut short, I had a really great childhood. I have such fond memories of my parents together. My parents started dating when my mom was 17 and my dad was 20. My mom was 26 going on 27 when I was born, and my dad was 30. So prior to having me, my parents were able to really enjoy their time together as a couple.

Left to Right | Uncle. Mom.Dad

I've heard so many stories of my parents having the best house parties in town during there younger years. I remember a few of those parties, and I can remember my parents dancing to Double Dutch Bus. Life seemed to be so carefree in the early 90's. I'm sure my parents had their troubles, but their love for each other, my brother and I, and life in general was evident. I can only hope that Big R and I will continue to have a love for each other, our family, and life just like Kim and Pete (aka my parents).

Until Next Time, 
<3 Keia