Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Life Lately...

I thought about titling this post a "Week in Review," but most of the photos I have to share are actually from two weeks ago. Darn shame, I know. BUT I still wanted to share them anyway. There are so many memories connected to photographs. I want to document as much of my little ole' life on this blog as possible, so here we go!
Oh my little brother. I love this kid, even though he drives me crazy 99% of the time. It's so funny I look more like our dad, but act a lot like our mom. My brother looks like our mom, but acts EXACTLY like our dad. He carries my dad's name, and my parents must have known what they were doing when they decided he would be a Jr. 
Ah! Couch chillin'. Can't beat it.
My first issue of Better Homes and Gardens came a couple of weeks ago!! I love a good magazine.
I hadn't purchased any Bath and Body Works candles in quite some time. Big R had to get a watch repaired at the mall, so I grabbed a couple while we were there. It's hard to pass them up when they are on sale 2/$22. 
These two are like best friends. Don't get me wrong, when it comes time to be serious Big R is the parent and Little R is the child, but when they are playing around they have a grand old time with each other. Here they were practicing football drills. Lol and smh. Love them!
There is a beautiful marina around the corner from our house. This picture does NOT even begin to depict the beauty and serenity of this lake. Big R and I like to sit out by the lake and enjoy coffee and bagels together. 
Now that the weather is warming up, AND I got on the scale the other day...
Can we please pause for the cause? Now, let me ask y'all...we're friends right?! I'm especially asking my friends who know me in real life. Why oh why didn't y'all tell me to back away from the table?! When I tell y'all the numbers that appeared on that scale!! No bueno! I will no longer be indulging in those bagels I just mentioned that's for sure. 
Anyway, I was trying to saying that since the weather is warming up and it wouldn't hurt for me to lose a few pounds, more like 15 pounds, we will be eating a lot more salads, and this is how Big R likes his salad. He likes all the ingredients pictured above, with grilled chicken on top!
It took me a good while to switch from regular yogurt to Greek yogurt, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. Right now I especially love vanilla Greek yogurt topped with fresh fruit. 
Nature. I think it's interesting how the sun created a line through this shot. I was literally sitting directly below the tree when I took this picture.
So I know I'm biased...but how cute is this kid? Even when he's pouting! LoL. He was upset because his tablet died. Life was hard for him in that moment. If you are curious, "Santa Claus" found those Sock Monkey headphones for him through a Living Social deal last year. 
I hope you all enjoy these posts as much as I do!

Until next time, 
<3 Keia