Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

DIY Framed Art| Motivation Wall

Happy Friday!!! I hope that your Friday is going well. Are you looking forward to the long holiday weekend like I am?!

So I actually mentioned this DIY project weeks ago! Oops! I don't really have a good reason why I took me so long to get this post up!

Anyway, this project is SUPER, SUPER simple! It was also a very inexpensive too! Can't go wrong with simple and inexpensive if you ask me!

So let's get started: 
|WHAT YOU NEED| 
-12 month calendar with nice graphics. {For this project in particular, the calendar I used had a tabbed page with a motivational phrase for each month, but you can use anything. I think black and white photographs would be really nice for this project for example!}

-12 frames. {I purchased my frames for a $1 each at the Dollar Tree}

|OF SPECIAL NOTE|
-I purchased my calendar at Walmart last year for $4!

-The frames I purchased at the Dollar Tree also came with matting, and I think the matting adds a nice touch. It makes the look more polished overall, but you certainly don't have to buy frames with matting! It's optional. ; )

-Use 3M strips to hang the frames! I LOVE me some 3M strips. I don't have time to measure and hang things with nails and all that jazz! #ainthappening 3M strips are right up my alley. You can eyeball where you want your frame to go, slap it on the wall, and if you find that you need to adjust the frames you can easily just pop the frame off the wall and try again. 
|HOW TO|

{Step 1}
Simply remove the art from the calendar. Then cut off the spiraled edges.

{Step 2}
Place the art into the frame.

{Step 3}
Arrange the frames as desired. (I just arranged the frames on the floor by the wall I planned to hang them on. This step is especially important so you can get an idea of spacing.)

{Step 4}
Hang the frames on the wall.

And voila!!! You have yourself some lovely, framed motivational wall art. I basically completed this project for $12 since I already had the calendar sitting around. Winning! 

I decided to add the frames to my side of our master bedroom, just beside my closet. The quotes add some quick inspiration whenever I feel like I need a little boost.

Just in case you are interested, here are the motivational phrases:
Every Year. Day. Hour. Minute. Second. Is A Chance To Start Over.

Smile. You’re Beautiful.

Don’t Fall Back On What’s Behind You, Spring Forward To What’s Ahead.

Do One Thing Every Day That Will Make Someone Smile.

Dreams Bloom Best In A Well Tended Garden.

When Life Gives You Lemons Ask “Is That ALL You’ve Got?”

On The Road Of Life – Always Follow Your  <3 {But Make Sure Your Brain Rides Shotgun}

Today Is A New Day.

Your Life Should Not Be A Game Of Follow The Leader. Pave Your Own Path & Dance All Over It.

Your Days Are As Fun As You Make Them.

Life Goes On. So Keep On Keeping On!


Be Glad Life Doesn’t Come With An Instruction Manual. {It Is Way More Fun To Wing It Than Follow Directions}

So, what to do you think? Would you like to see more DIY projects in future posts? Let me know what you think about this DIY project in the comments! 

Until next time,
<3 Keia