Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Week in Review {Monday, April 21st - Sunday, April 27th}

Monday, April 21st, 2014
Monday's Mani - "Bright Lucite" by Sinful Colors. I shared this pic on my Google+ page. Make sure to follow me there. I really like Google+ for following other bloggers too.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Straight hair selfie. My straight hair lasted for a little over a week, and I was really feeling it. I had the back cut into a bob. I didn't get a good picture of that to share with y'all though. My bad. I live for a bob. I wish I could successfully straighten my hair on my own. I think I would wear it straight more often. To any of you naturally curly all day, err day girls out there... sorry, don't kill me!

Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014

Wednesday was Adminstrative Professional's Day, and not only did I receive two very nice cards, but I also received a beautiful bouquet of spring colored roses. I've only been at my job for going on four weeks, so I didn't really feel deserving of the cards or the flowers, but I really appreciated the kind gesture from my superiors.

I had sushi not one, not two, but THREE times this past week. What can I say...I love me some sushi. On Wednesday I linked up with a good friend at a spot called Basil Leaf in Winston Salem, NC. We hit this place at least once every other month. If you live in the area be sure to try them out. They have sushi specials each day of the week. On Wednesdays you can get three rolls for $13.99. They also serve Thai cuisine, but I can't vouch for that we just go for the sushi! 

Thursday, April 24, 2014
Throwback Thursday. #tbt. All that. This would be three year old me. I didn't get the nickname "Flossie" for nothing y'all. LoL. Where did my mama get that bonnet? And why did she put it on my head? LoL. Either way I was still fly!


Oh good customer service goes suchhhhh a long way! Big R has an older Chevy Tahoe that has required a lot of good ole' TLC. The last mechanic we went to has AMAZING customer service, especially as compared to the mechanic we had worked with before (but that's another story). Anyway, not only did they give us a follow up call thanking us for our business, but they also sent us this nice card in the mail! Needless to say, we will be going back to them! NO question about that!

Thursday night is usually seafood night in the Team H household. This past Thursday night we had lobster tail, shrimp, corn on the cob, and red beans and rice. Lobster tails are super easy to cook by the way! I've been able to find two nice sized lobster tails in the freezer section of our Walmart for around $13 if you're curious! If you want to know how I cook ours let me know. Would you all be interested in some food posts? I like to get down in the kitchen a little bit. I can add some of my recipes to the blog. Just let me know friends!
I wish I could have better depicted just how big that doggone chocolate bunny is! It's ridiculous! My mom won it at her job, and of course she had to give it to Little R. I think I've briefly mentioned on the blog  that Little R splits his time in Virginia with his mom, and in North Carolina with his dad and I. One of the drawbacks of this arrangement is that we don't get every holiday with him. So that also means that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny have to sometimes "drop off" Little R's goodies for him to get the next time he visits us in NC. On the flip side of that, "Santa Claus" and the "Easter Bunny", (aka Big R and I) tend to procrastinate. I put together Little R's Easter basket the day before he got here. Shame, shame. I know! He loved it though! He picked pieces of chocolate off that bunny all weekend long. 

Friday, April 25, 2014
I so needed this reminder on Friday! 

You know, it's the little things sometimes. Like this bottle of disinfectant that lives on the back of every toilet at my office. AND this SIGN on the back of every stall door. Yes, yes, and yes! Do y'all remember this post from way back when? I don't have to worry about such things at my new gig! #wontHedoit

Saturday, April 26th, 2014


Saturday was an action packed day! Little R had a flag football game. We caught the second half of Wake Forest University's Spring Football game. After the Wake Forest game, we also dropped by the Wake Forest vs. Duke Baseball game. When I tell y'all my boys wore me out this weekend...whew child!

Sunday, April 27th, 2014
Sunday started with a super late breakfast. We slept in. We were all tired after the day we had on Saturday.

Around midday we hit the track. Big R and Little R worked on some football drills. I ran/walked a mile! Woot, woot! Holla at ya girl! Lawd knows this body of mine need an increase in physical activity.
Before we knew it, 6:00 arrived, way too soon, and it was time to get Little R back to his family in Virginia. He and his dad were just kicking it around as we waited.

This here would be sushi round 3. (My second sushi date went down on Friday for lunch with my co-worker) On another side note, I had my first bite before I snapped a picture. I couldn't help myself. #dontjudgeme

And that's all folks!!!


Until next time, 
<3 Keia