Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

30 before 30.


I was inspired to create a list of 30 things I would like to accomplish before I turn 30 by the lovely Stephanie of a Southern Mess at snhblog.com. She shared her progress here. I will turn 30 in just a little less than 4 years from now. I had a mini meltdown a few weeks ago when I realized that I will be turning 27 at the end of this year. 27 people!!!! Where is the time going? Anyway, by creating this list now, I feel like this gives me more than enough time to accomplish, or at least attempt to accomplish, all 30 things on my list! So let's get into it shall we? This list is not in priority order by the way.
  1. Grow my blog to at least 500 followers. That seems like a HUGE goal for me right now, but some things you just have to speak into existence, right?
  2. Purchase a home.
  3. Jump the broom. We are currently planning a May 2015 wedding; however, eloping is not out of the question, in my opinion at least.
  4. Take a trip with my mommy. Just me and my mom. I would love to take a cruise with her.
  5. Visit my dad's grave. Please do not judge me, but I have not been able to even stomach the idea of making that trip. I know it's something I need to do.
  6. Become an active member of my sorority again. I am a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.; HOWEVER, I have failed terribly at being as active as I would like to be and that is definitely something I want to change ASAP.
  7. Obtain a Master's degree. In Healthcare Administration? OR as a Physician Assistant?
  8. Have a baby. Just one.
  9. Buy a really good camera and learn how to use it.
  10. Refurbish an old piece of furniture. Likely a dresser.
  11. Learn how to change the tire on a car.
  12. Work on being ON TIME.
  13. Get in shape.
  14. Run a 5K.
  15. Take a trip to Vegas.
  16. Have a photo shoot done. After I get in shape, and before I have a baby hopefully.
  17. Attend a blogger conference. I would like to go to one in a fun city I've never visited before.
  18. Learn and perfect a few new recipes.
  19. Fully furnish our home.
  20. Spend a weekend in NYC.
  21. Grow my hair out so that it hits my shoulders while curly. And by curly I mean in a wash and go type curly.
  22. Work on growing my savings account.
  23. Learn how to meditate.
  24. Maintain an 80/20 diet. 80% clean. 20% whatever I want.
  25. Spend more time with my "little" brother
  26. Enjoy every second with Little R. He's growing up way too fast.
  27. Do more in our community.
  28. Pay off some debt.
  29. Build my wardrobe with classic, everyday pieces.
  30. Celebrate my 30th birthday somewhere fun and with people I love.
My plan is to check back in from time to time to give an update of what I have accomplished! I hope to stick to this! What do you want to accomplish before you turn 30? If you are already 30, what are some of the things you hope to accomplish in the next year or so?

Let me know!!

Until next time,
<3 Keia