Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

New Couch Set!

We got a new couch set, and I couldn't be more excited! We uesd to have a dark brown sectional. I liked the sectional, because it was one big area. Big R, Little R, and I spend a lot of time kicking it on the couch together so that worked out well. BUT the sectional was kinda janky. One pretty big section of the couch was dipped in because the boards underneath the cushion were broken. I was able to camouflage the problem area with pillows, but when folks sat there it was way obvious that it was broken, so I was happy to part with it for that reason. Big R spotted the dark brown, pleather couch and love seat set that we have now to replace the sectional. I am looking forward to updating our living room decor around our new couch set. I have a few pillows that are either a shade of blue or green. I would like to find some pillow covers for them. I've seen some good deals for pillow covers on GroopDealz in the past, so I will definitely keep my eye out for what I have in mind! We also got a new coffee table and end table set to replace the ottoman that we had as well. Down the road I would like to get a tan jute rug like this one from WayFair:
I took to Pinterest for some inspiration. Here's what I found:
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

Source

Source
Source
By coincidence I came across Makeup By Tiffany D's blog. Oh my goodness does she have a beautiful home! I am in love with the way she decorated her family room in one of her older homes:

Source

I love the combination of neutrals with the black and white patterns! Again, I will be on the look out for some black and white pillow covers for the couches and the Chippendale chairs I have by our bay window.

Here are some photos to give you a glance at our living room before and after the new additions:

Do y'all notice the dips in the sectional? Not cute! I really like the proportions of the new couch set and coffee table, as compared to the sectional and the ottoman. The blue and green color scheme must go too my friends. I'm not feeling it. 
Disregard my work out mess in that right corner! I need to figure out what I want to flank our TV as well.
And here's a better look at the bay window. We ended up putting one of the end tables between the Chippendale chairs. I like the way that turned out. 
Which look do y'all like best? Let me know.


Until next time,
<3 Keia