Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let's Talk About My Face Shall We...

So I have mentioned in previous posts that my face is extremely BLEMISH prone, especially in my t-zone. I have tried numerous drugstore products to both prevent blemishes and to clear up the pre-existing blemishes I have as well. After much trial and error, I think I have finally found a routine that works well for my skin.

Let me forewarn you...this routine is very, very simple. I don't use any toners, serums, or anything fancy. All of the products I use can be found at your local drugstore or Walmart. I like to use products that I can get my hands on easily, and that are easy on my pockets too. So here it is:

STEP 1: CLEANSERS

Over the past few weeks, I have mainly been using the Aveeno Brightening Cleanser; however, I do like to rotate in my Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser every now and then. I feel like both cleansers do a really good job of cleaning my face without stripping out the natural moisture in my skin. According to the packaging, the Aveeno Brightening Cleanser is supposed to, "Help even skin tone and texture to reveal brighter, more radiant skin," and I agree with that based on the results I've seen with my skin so far. What I like most about this combination of products is that I have experience little to no breakouts. The one breakout that I did have was one pretty ugly zit that appeared in my temple area, and it was gone within a day. If that wasn't amazing enough, I also do not have a blemish as a result of that zit either. Woot woot! 

Small side note: I only use these products during my nightly shower. I wash my face with just warm water in the mornings. I read in several places that you could potentially over wash your face, I definitely didn't know that was possible, by washing with a product twice a day. That has also been working very well for my skin.

STEP 2: MOISTURIZER/CREAM


Can I just say that the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer is and will continue to be a holy grail product for me? This stuff is amazing. I am no beauty expert, but I think it would work on all skin types. It moisturizes without being too oily. Most of the moisturizers I have used in the past would leave behind an oily residue that I would have to slightly pat away after applying the product...not this stuff! I use this day and night. The product claims to, "Prevent breakouts and helps clear up blemishes." Can I get an AMEN? I will not live without this stuff from here on out! Now in combination with that I've gone back to an oldie but goodie. I used the Ambi Fade Cream way back in the day. In the past, I didn't think it really worked, but I initially started using it again on a blemish that I have on my hand. I started seeing good results there so in the past few weeks I've been applying small amounts on the blemishes I have in my t-zone area of my face. So far, so good. 

AND THEN THERE is H2O...

Well, I think we all know the many benefits of drinking water. I have personally been trying to drink as much water as I can each day to not only help improve the appearance of my skin, but also my overall health as well. So I know I don't need to tell you, but drink your water...ALL DAY, ERR DAY peeps!!

That's it y'all...I told you my face routine is hella simple. BUT it works for me! I like to see what other people do for their routines, because it sometimes inspires me to try something new that often works well for me too. Let me know what you think about my routine? Do you have any suggestions? What does your face routine consist of?


Until next time,
<3 Keia