Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

FREE Special Edition Keurig K60


Umm this event only happened NINE weeks ago, and I am JUST now giving y'all the scoop! Shame on me! But yes, I said FREE!!! Well in exchange for my old corded, drip coffee maker that is...but who wouldn't make that trade? If you enjoy coffee as much as I do, I am sure you can understand the excitement I felt walking away with my free Keurig coffee maker. My co-worker mentioned the event  in a Friday morning staff meeting. The Keurig company sponsored a promotion to give away FREE Special Edition Keurig machines. Mind you, the particular machine they gave away valued at almost $150! Don't believe me, you can find it here at amazon.com. {The price is now $222.35 at Amazon, doggone holiday inflation} The event manager explained that the Keurig company conducted research and found that the residents of the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina are, and I quote, "intense lovers of coffee," (that I am!) yet, the sales of the Keurig machine and K-Cups were down in our particular area, and hence the reason why they decided to bring the event to the area to increase overall company sales as a result.

The event was scheduled to start at 10:00 am on Saturday morning at the local coliseum, so myself and two coworkers planned to arrive at 8:00 am, due to rumors of just how many people had gone out for previous events. Well, we arrived shortly after 8, and long story short we waited for 5 hours and went home without our freaking Keurigs that day.

It was all good though, we had scoped the scene and we knew what we needed to do to assure we would get our Keurigs the next day. Sunday morning, we woke up at the crack of dawn, and camped out at the next location for the promotional event. Around 11:00 am, myself and 3 of my co-workers were heading home with our new babies!

I have since set up a nice little coffee station in my dining room area.
I need a K-Cup Carousel like this one in my life:
As a side note, I wouldn't mind using my "coffee station" as a bar cart as well. I've seen a few that I like on Pinterest like this one:
Image
Or this one:
Image
But anyhoo, I love my Keurig! It was so worth the 11 hour wait in line to get it for FREE honey!


Until next time...<3