Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Recap

{Friday, August 2nd, 2013}

I only worked a half day on Friday, as I had to take my "future mother-in-law" to the airport to catch her flight back home to Detroit. We enjoyed her company, but I am pretty excited to have my house back...well at least for a few days. We will be having more house guests in a week. Big R's dad, stepmom, and two younger brothers will be in town next Sunday. I look forward to having them. Anyhoo...that's not what I'm here to discuss. After Little R and I left the airport, we came to the decision that "we" would have pizza for lunch. That means pizza for him and a sandwich and fries for me. If we let him, that child will eat pizza everyday! I love this kid to pieces. He is such much fun. He brings joy to my world every time we're together. After lunch we made our back home. I had to work on some work stuff and the little one entertained himself, for the most part, playing the new game his grandma go him on the Xbox 360.
Later Friday evening, we decided to take a ride on the town. I showered up and threw on a comfy 'fit. I love throwing on a tank, boyfriend jeans, and my Chuck T's. I also rolled out with a fresh, makeup-free face. I threw on my favorite cross earrings, put my hair in a quick top knot, and we were out the door. Before we could decide where we wanted to go, Little R fell asleep in the backseat so Big R and I ended up picking up some movies from the video store, a pizza, and we headed home. Friday night ended with Big R and Little R on the couch watching Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, and I continued working on the stuff I brought home from work. 

{Saturday, August 3rd, 2013}
Saturday after throwing a few different ideas around we decided to spend our afternoon at Wet N Wild Emerald Pointe. Little R will be starting kindergarten on August 12th, and August is an extremely busy month at work for Big R and I so we wanted to do something fun as our hoorah! 
I didn't end up getting many pictures, but trust me we had a really good time. Little R scuffed up his knee pretty bad earlier in the week so the poor kid hobbled around the whole park. But let me tell you! One of Emerald Pointe's biggest attractions is the giant wave pool. Just as it sounds, the pool simulates ocean waves. Little R, much like Big R, has a very competitive nature, and that child was determined to conquer those waves. It was too fun to watch him pump himself up and brace himself for the waves. The waves either slapped his 45" frame or just completely took him under. (No worries, he had on a life jacket and Big R and I were right by his side the whole time.) Overall, we really enjoyed the fun hours we spent at the park, and we look forward to going back again. On our trip home, Little R told us that he wants to go back when he's a little older. LoL. He wasn't able to ride all of the rides because he wasn't tall enough. The little daredevil wanted to ride the biggest slides in the park. 

{Sunday, August 4th, 2013}
Sunday, like most Sundays, was very chill. I did a few things around the house. Big R and Little R played around outside until it was time to take Little R to meet his mom. Sunday evening ended with Big R and I chilling on the couch. I spent that time to mentally prepare for the upcoming work week. Yall pray for me!


Until next time...<3