Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Coffee Spill

After this morning’s regular Friday staff meeting, I stopped by my desk to drop off my notebook, grabbed my coffee mug and headed straight to our office’s Keurig machine for my morning cup of Joe. I took one sip, and my co-worker who sits in the cube diagonal from me called my name. As I looked up in response to her call, in what felt like slow motion, I watched my whole cup of coffee spill all across my desk, lap, and cell phone. Another co-worker came to my rescue with a whole stack of napkins, and she helped me clean up the mess. Luckily, I didn’t get any coffee on my computer, or any important documents, and my phone is just fine. As I kid, I could not STAND to get my clothes wet, but today I was totally fine with it. I am lucky enough to live only about 10-15 minutes away from work. So at lunch today I will go home and take a quick shower. And on top of all of that…it’s Friday! Fridays always bring about a sense of peace for me. I made it through this crazy week, and tonight is date night with my man! What are yall’s plans for the weekend?