Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Cruisin'

Today, Big R, my future mother-in-law, Little R, and I cruised down Highway 68 on our way back home from picking up the little one for the week. I enjoyed the back seat ride since it's something I get to do so infrequently nowadays.
We were listening to some oldies, and "For the Love of You" by the Isley Brothers came on, and the song instantly reminded my of my childhood.
{Link}
I remember riding in the back seat of my mom's 1985, two-door, candy apple red, Toyota Celica. My parents, by brother, and I spent many summer days riding with the windows down jamming to my dad's favorite Isley Brother's Greatest Hits cassette tape.
{Link}
Losing my dad at 12 years old is by far the hardest thing I've had to deal with in my 25 years of life, but I am so thankful to be able to hold on to my memories of him. It warms my soul each time I hear those Isley's sing, "Girl I'm living just for the love of you..." May my favorite man in the world continue to Rest in Paradise.
Earl "Pete" Sr. 12.10.1957 - 02.15.2000
<3