Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Few of My Current Favorites

So I wouldn't call myself a beauty expert or anything, but I do have a few beauty products that really work well for me so I figured I would share! Let me know if you use any of these products or if you decide to try them!

{1} pHisoderm Anti-Blemish Gel Face Wash
Oh my face! We have a love hate relationship with each other. \I have combination skin. It is oily in my T-zone and dry around my nose area. One thing is for certain though, it is very blemish prone. My whole body is blemish prone, but I will save that for another blog post. pHisoderm has been a God send for me. My honey's step dad recommended it to me a little over a year ago. Apparently, his peers used it back in the day. I looked everywhere for it for several weeks. I tried Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, you name it. Then one day I spotted it in FOOD LION of all places. Go figure. It retails for $4.79 at my local Food Lion. You can also purchase it online at drugstore.com I have really noticed a difference in my blemishes. They have not disappeared, but they have certainly lightened. If you have blemish prone skin like me, give this a shot!

 
{2} Wet N Wild Megalast Nail Polish
My face is prone to blemishes and my nails are dry and brittle. Eh! I'm slowly learning to accept my flaws. Because my nails are brittle and tend to peel I really try to make an effort to keep them painted. I'm not able to paint them as often as I would like to. I  also have a hard time waiting for my nails to dry to achieve a perfect at home manicure, but one of my secret weapons to making the process a little easier for me is Wet N Wild's Megalast Nail Polishes. You can find these things anywhere. I think all drugstores carry them. So does Walmart and stores like Dollar General. They are extremely affordable at $2 a pop, and every now and then you can catch them on sale for 99 cent! You can't beat the price! Another thing I really love about them is the amazing brush! The brush makes the application a breeze!  There is also an array of colors to choose from. Two of my personal favs are I Need a Refreshmint and Through the Grapevine.


Left - I Need a Refreshment; Right - Through the Grapevine
{3}TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Having natural hair one of the most important things I look for in a conditioner is it's ability to detangle my hair. Well, TRESemme's Naturals Nourishing Conditioner can not be beat. It is one of my go to conditioners. I can use it to detangle my hair after washing my hair. I've used it as a deep conditioner, and I also use it as a leave in conditioner from time to time, especially when I wear a wash and go. If you haven't tried this conditioner, go get you a bottle now! You can find it at Walmart for around $4.97 I believe.


{4} Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Skin Therapy Oil
I actually came across this product on "accident." I was drawn into the bright, orange clearance sticker at Walgreens one day. {Those clearance stickers get me all the time!} This product turned out to be a real winner. I mainly use it for my face as a moisturizer and all around miracle worker in my opinion. The product is formulated to improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, dry, damaged skin, uneven skin tone, and aging skin. Again, as I already mentioned, I have my fair share of blemishes and scars on my face. This Skin Therapy Oil in combination with using the pHisoderm face wash has really made a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. I also use this oil on other scars on my body, and I have noticed improvement in those areas as well. The 5.1 fl. oz bottle retails for $8.47 on drugstore.com, which I think is a pretty good deal if you prefer to order online. If I remember correctly, the last bottle I purchase from Walmart was closer to $10. If you are looking for a new moisturizer to add to your routine or if you have a scar you would like to work on getting rid of, I really suggest this stuff! I think it works!
 
 
I hope this post will be helpful to someone! If you have any products you think I should try, I would love to hear about them!
 
 
 
Until next time <3